Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wallpaper screen is automatically going black on my iPhone

I am currently using iphone 14 pro. After udating my iphone to 16.4 there is an issue with wallpaper. My wallpaper screeen is automatically going black. Lockscreen wallpaper is not having any issue

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 6:10 PM

Hello Rahul0608,

Do you have the Always-On Display on? Use Always-On display with your iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max - Apple Support

Regarding the issue with the wallpaper, you can try the following solutions:

1. Restart your iPhone: This can often solve many software-related issues. Press and hold the Side button and either of the Volume buttons until the slider appears, then slide to power off. After a few seconds, press and hold the Side button again until the Apple logo appears to restart your iPhone.
  2. Check your wallpaper settings: Go to Settings > Wallpaper > Choose a New Wallpaper, and select a new wallpaper. If the issue persists, try changing to a default wallpaper and see if that helps.
  3. Update your iPhone to the latest version: Go to Settings > General > Software Update and check if there is a new update available. If yes, update your iPhone to the latest version.
  4. Reset your iPhone's settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will reset all your iPhone's settings to their default values. Note that this won't delete any of your data, but you will need to reconfigure your settings.

If none of these solutions work, you may want to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2023 6:10 PM in response to Rahul0608

Hello Rahul0608,

Do you have the Always-On Display on? Use Always-On display with your iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max - Apple Support

Regarding the issue with the wallpaper, you can try the following solutions:

1. Restart your iPhone: This can often solve many software-related issues. Press and hold the Side button and either of the Volume buttons until the slider appears, then slide to power off. After a few seconds, press and hold the Side button again until the Apple logo appears to restart your iPhone.
  2. Check your wallpaper settings: Go to Settings > Wallpaper > Choose a New Wallpaper, and select a new wallpaper. If the issue persists, try changing to a default wallpaper and see if that helps.
  3. Update your iPhone to the latest version: Go to Settings > General > Software Update and check if there is a new update available. If yes, update your iPhone to the latest version.
  4. Reset your iPhone's settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will reset all your iPhone's settings to their default values. Note that this won't delete any of your data, but you will need to reconfigure your settings.

If none of these solutions work, you may want to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

My wallpaper screen is automatically going black on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.