Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari display issue

Safari is regularly, but not always, displaying a page with the left side out of the window. I can reload the page, but this is getting tiresome. On my other devices (iPad and iPhone), there is no obvious way to correct it but to rotate the device into landscape mode. I had expected a fix by now, but there still are no updates.

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 4:57 PM

Are you experiencing this problem with an iPad? Not a Mac?

If so I will ask the site Hosts to relocate your question to the Using iPad Community. In the meantime please review Use multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support. It appears you may inadvertently be using its Slide Over feature:

• To move the Slide Over app, use the Multitasking button  to drag it to the left or right.
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2023 4:57 PM in response to Ddisney

Are you experiencing this problem with an iPad? Not a Mac?

If so I will ask the site Hosts to relocate your question to the Using iPad Community. In the meantime please review Use multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support. It appears you may inadvertently be using its Slide Over feature:

• To move the Slide Over app, use the Multitasking button  to drag it to the left or right.

Apr 3, 2023 12:26 PM in response to Ddisney

Thanks, this worked, but it required rebooting the iPad. Perhaps quitting and restarting Safari would have been enough, but just trying to use a new table and doing another search did not work, though this could have been a cache issue as I was using a search that had failed before.

Since I had no idea what "stage manager" is, I am hesitant to take credit (blame?) for turning it on. Nevertheless, I am grateful for your help!

Safari display issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.