Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my apple watch not go to the depth app in water automatically?

so when I put the watch in water the depth app doesn’t open automatically like it says it should I have it on for automatic in settings how do I change this? Is this a glitch or something?

Apple Watch Ultra, watchOS 9

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 3:42 PM

Hello Ax_mAx,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

When attempting to use the Depth app, are you submerged at least 1 meter or more in the water? This is when the Depth app is designed to open on its own. You can find that info and more here: Use the Depth app on Apple Watch Ultra - Apple Support

If so, could you please check that your Apple Watch and paired iPhone are both up to date?

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Checking this will help narrow down what may be happening and what options you have.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 3:42 PM in response to Ax_mAx

Hello Ax_mAx,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

When attempting to use the Depth app, are you submerged at least 1 meter or more in the water? This is when the Depth app is designed to open on its own. You can find that info and more here: Use the Depth app on Apple Watch Ultra - Apple Support

If so, could you please check that your Apple Watch and paired iPhone are both up to date?

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Checking this will help narrow down what may be happening and what options you have.

Cheers!

why does my apple watch not go to the depth app in water automatically?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.