Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Izotope plug ins stopping FCPX from working

I have recently updated to Ventura 13.3 on a 2019 MBP with intel chip - FCPX will no longer open as it hangs everytime whilst cvalidating Audio plug ins from Izotope (I only use those in Logic and never in FCP). Now I can't open FCP at all..??? Seriously bloody annoying? Anyone got a fix?

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 8:51 AM

Thanks for the reply. FCP won't go through the validation process as it hangs at start up during validation. I don't even use them in FCPX only in Logic but there's no way of skipping or disabling - I wish there was. I have FCPX running fine on my Mac Studio with the exact same plug-ins, it's my 2019 Intel based MBP that has the issue. The issue only started when I upgraded to Ventura 13.3 - it was fine with previous version of Ventura.

Anyone else have any fixes or workarounds?

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2023 8:51 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks for the reply. FCP won't go through the validation process as it hangs at start up during validation. I don't even use them in FCPX only in Logic but there's no way of skipping or disabling - I wish there was. I have FCPX running fine on my Mac Studio with the exact same plug-ins, it's my 2019 Intel based MBP that has the issue. The issue only started when I upgraded to Ventura 13.3 - it was fine with previous version of Ventura.

Anyone else have any fixes or workarounds?

Apr 2, 2023 7:25 AM in response to paddy232

Here is a blueprint for these Automator Quick Actions:

1) To move the audio plugins out of the folder, start with this:

Prepare this with the audio units in the folder where they are active.

In the "Get Specified Finder Items" action, click on "Add" and select all the files to moved out;

In the "Move Finder Items" action, select a folder where you want these files to be parked at.

Save this. It will be accessible from the Services menu.

If you want, you can also add a keyboard shortcut, so it can be executed with a press of a key.

Now run this Quick Action and confirm that the files are on the new folder.

The reverse action is very similar; in this case, the Get Specified Finder Items will pick the files from the "park" folder, and the Move Finder Items will put them in the "active" folder.

Mar 31, 2023 1:00 AM in response to paddy232

If these plugins fail the validation and FCP doesn’t launch because of it, I think that you may need to disable them. If there is a way to make them “visible” only for Logic and not FCP, I am not aware of it.

That said, FCP does not validate audio plugins every time it launches; maybe you can set them aside, let FCP go through the validation process, and then put them back.

Mar 31, 2023 8:20 PM in response to paddy232

So I've found a workaround - which shouldn't be required anyway as both Logic and FCPX are native Apple programs. FCPX should offer you to skip imcompatible plugins be they audio or fx rather than just not working!

In any case, here's a link for the workaround, clunky as it may be at least it works and is quick enough to do.... sheesh!

https://youtu.be/csFC9en4DD0

Apr 1, 2023 3:05 AM in response to paddy232

I agree that this is annoying and should not happen.

I can suggest a simple way to make this a little less painful, especially if you go between FCP and Logic often.

You can make a little Automator action that takes those specified components and move them to your "components that break FCP" folder. You can even add a keyboard shortcut to it.

And conversely, you can make another to do the reverse.

Then this could be done with the press of a key combination.

Izotope plug ins stopping FCPX from working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.