Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After resizing the Mac OS partition, the Bootcamp partition is missing.

I used Mac Disk Utility to shrink my Mac OS partition so that there would be more space on the bootcamp disc for a necessary Windows upgrade.

Bootcamp is no longer recognised as a bootable disc after making the 300.2GB free space.

How can i merge 300.2GB storage to main partition?

Manish’s MacBook Pro 16", MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 7:00 AM

This is expected behavior. You can not use Disk Utility to resize partitions on a drive containing a BootCamp partition. The correct procedure is to uninstall Boot Camp using BootCamp Assistant thereby returning the drive to only the Mac partitions. Then using BootCamp Assistant, install Windows this time creating the BootCamp partition size wanted. Given that you incorrectly tried changing partition sizes you now have to reinstall your MacOS then Windows.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2023 7:00 AM in response to manisht92

This is expected behavior. You can not use Disk Utility to resize partitions on a drive containing a BootCamp partition. The correct procedure is to uninstall Boot Camp using BootCamp Assistant thereby returning the drive to only the Mac partitions. Then using BootCamp Assistant, install Windows this time creating the BootCamp partition size wanted. Given that you incorrectly tried changing partition sizes you now have to reinstall your MacOS then Windows.

After resizing the Mac OS partition, the Bootcamp partition is missing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.