Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring music

I have an iPod 5th generation (which is now out of production) and I want to transfer my music from said iPod to iPhone 11 Pro Max - Please Help Me - Thanks in antisipation

iPod touch

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 3:36 AM

Sync is one way, from iTunes to the iPod, so you cannot "sync" music on the iPod back to iTunes.

Regarding the music that you have on your iPod:

• if you purchased it from the iTunes Store, directly on the iPod, you can sign into your account in the Store in iTunes on your computer and download them into your iTunes Library. (If your MacBook use OS Catalina or later, there is no iTunes. Instead, use Finder)
  • if you purchased music from another online store (such as Amazon, Bandcamp, Beatport etc.), then download those songs from your account with that store. Add them to your iTunes Library (or use Finder on the later Mac OS)
  • for music from any other source, go to that source and see whether it is still available for download. If it is, proceed as if it was purchased from another online store

Once you have all the music in your own iTunes Library, then you can synchronise it to your iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2023 3:36 AM in response to DavetheDog5000

Sync is one way, from iTunes to the iPod, so you cannot "sync" music on the iPod back to iTunes.

Regarding the music that you have on your iPod:

• if you purchased it from the iTunes Store, directly on the iPod, you can sign into your account in the Store in iTunes on your computer and download them into your iTunes Library. (If your MacBook use OS Catalina or later, there is no iTunes. Instead, use Finder)
  • if you purchased music from another online store (such as Amazon, Bandcamp, Beatport etc.), then download those songs from your account with that store. Add them to your iTunes Library (or use Finder on the later Mac OS)
  • for music from any other source, go to that source and see whether it is still available for download. If it is, proceed as if it was purchased from another online store

Once you have all the music in your own iTunes Library, then you can synchronise it to your iPhone.

Mar 31, 2023 9:59 AM in response to DavetheDog5000

DavetheDog5000 wrote:

I have an iPod 5th generation (which is now out of production) and I want to transfer my music from said iPod to iPhone 11 Pro Max - Please Help Me - Thanks in antisipation

Non purchased music should be in your itunes/finder library on your pc or apple device, you would sync the iphone to itunes to put music on there Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Transferring music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.