Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay issues-Alpine Apple Carplay gets laggy, eventually disconnects with error

My Apple CarPlay gets laggy after some time while connected to the car. Touch inputs will take 5-10 seconds to be recognized and maps will stop updating the view. Eventually it will disconnect with an error "Unfortunately, com.ds.connectivity has stopped". When I notice the lag, toggling back to Alpine then back to CarPlay will get it to work again. I believe it has something to do with the maps, either Google or Apple, because if I leave an audio app on the screen it doesn't seem to happen. Any suggestions? I've tried power cycling everything, resetting carplay settings in both the Alpine and iPhone, updating firmware for the Alpine and IOS on my phone. Next step is to remove Google Maps and see what happens. Funny part is it only happens with the Alpine ILX407 in my Subaru, not the W650 in my pickup. Thanks!

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 1:07 PM

I too just purchased an Alpine ILX-407 and I'm having the exact same issues with my iphone and carplay particularly with Waze. I even tried purchasing a faster USB cable to no avail. Everything worked fine with my stock system so I know it's the head unit.

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 31, 2023 6:57 AM in response to fish_bowl

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If Content & Privacy Restrictions is on, tap Allowed Apps, and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (IN)

CarPlay issues-Alpine Apple Carplay gets laggy, eventually disconnects with error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.