Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird searches i didn't made in Safari

Anyone know why I would have these random recent searches? They are usually just random letters (also, not sure who Paul W.S Anderson is, I didn’t search for him).

When I go into Safari, I don’t see it in my history and they usually appear after my phone has been locked. I’ve cleared my browser history through settings. My phone is not jailbroken and I have the latest iOS. Not sure if anyone else has encountered this issue before. Any help\advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 6:53 AM

If you feel an unauthorized person/app is remotely accessing, controlling, or monitoring your device, then that is possible only if you have done one or more of the following Don'ts...

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't plug in your device for charging your device in Airports, Public Transport, or public places, and trust the device. Beware of Juice Jacking. (Especially in India)
  7. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls, etc.

If one of the above is true then quickly change the Apple ID Password and Return iPhone settings to their defaults.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2023 6:53 AM in response to Checkstr

If you feel an unauthorized person/app is remotely accessing, controlling, or monitoring your device, then that is possible only if you have done one or more of the following Don'ts...

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't plug in your device for charging your device in Airports, Public Transport, or public places, and trust the device. Beware of Juice Jacking. (Especially in India)
  7. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls, etc.

If one of the above is true then quickly change the Apple ID Password and Return iPhone settings to their defaults.

Weird searches i didn't made in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.