Apple Music in Tesla - Library Not Visible?

Hi -

I recently added my Apple Music account to my 2023 Tesla Model 3. I used the QR code on the Tesla screen to log into my account. When the login is completed, I can see the "Listen Now" and "Browse" screens that mirror what's shown on my iPhone exactly - Top Picks, Recently Played, From our Editors, etc. However, when I click on "Library" to see my albums and playlists, the screen is blank and it says:

"No Content Available" Add your favorite content in the Apple Music app to use this page

My library has plenty of content.

Things I've tried thus far:

• Logged out and logged in to Apple Music again
  • Forced reboot of Tesla system
  • Tesla Software was updated recently
  • Connected vehicle using built-in LTE as well as home WiFi

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 7:54 AM

Hey Buddy, I also had the same issues. But I was able to figure it out. Apparently after the recent update on Tesla Apple Music which all the songs that has been categorized explicit it turned off by default. So in order for you to get all the album show available, you will need to turn on.

Go to your apple music section “where shows what is playing” swipe up and on your setting (where you can adjust the tones and balance) You will select “Options” and from there turn on Explicit Content… and after that you will be fine.

Hope you find this helpful… if you have any questions; feel free to send a message back.

Have a great day.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2023 7:54 AM in response to DTOM_HuSKeR

Hey Buddy, I also had the same issues. But I was able to figure it out. Apparently after the recent update on Tesla Apple Music which all the songs that has been categorized explicit it turned off by default. So in order for you to get all the album show available, you will need to turn on.

Go to your apple music section “where shows what is playing” swipe up and on your setting (where you can adjust the tones and balance) You will select “Options” and from there turn on Explicit Content… and after that you will be fine.

Hope you find this helpful… if you have any questions; feel free to send a message back.

Have a great day.

Oct 17, 2023 12:45 PM in response to DTOM_HuSKeR

I chatted with Apple Music support today and they highlighted my ridiculous issue. I have two different Apple IDs due to legacy issues going back to the iTunes Store vs iCloud. While I use my primary Apple ID for everything day to day, I apparently still use my legacy account for the iTunes store for purchased music. I never realized my devices going back to original iPhone days were still using my legacy account for music....and Apple Music. As soon as I used the legacy account in my Model 3, the issue was resolved and my library is synced.

To check this for yourself:

• Go to Apple Music on your primary device and click your profile picture in the top right
    • Scroll to the bottom and select "Account Settings"
    • Verify the Apple ID listed at the top is what you're using in your Tesla.

Seems very silly in hindsight but it was not a very visible thing to check if you haven't setup your accounts fresh in years.

Good luck!

Oct 16, 2023 6:21 PM in response to EjayMtnz

Appreciate the idea (and sorry for missing it for so long) but this didn't help my issue at all. I'm logged into Apple Music, have Explicit Content selected, and I have no visibility of my Apple Music account - no recent history from my phone activity, no saved library songs/albums/playlists.....nada.

Going to try reaching out to Apple support tomorrow.

Apple Music in Tesla - Library Not Visible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.