Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac win’t upgrade past High Sierra 10.15.6

My banking app no longer supports the version of Safari on my iMac 2013. Says I need to update the Mac OS but update shows no newer version available. How do I go to the next version?

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 6:12 PM

If you're referring to High Sierra(10.13), back up your data, check the application compatibility table, click here, and then on the download link for Mojave or Catalina. Catalina and higher won't run 32-bit software; if you upgrade to one of them, use Go64 as well.

If you're referring to Catalina(10.15) or don't want to upgrade, use a different web browser.

(237348)

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2023 6:12 PM in response to Trouble4357

If you're referring to High Sierra(10.13), back up your data, check the application compatibility table, click here, and then on the download link for Mojave or Catalina. Catalina and higher won't run 32-bit software; if you upgrade to one of them, use Go64 as well.

If you're referring to Catalina(10.15) or don't want to upgrade, use a different web browser.

(237348)

Apr 2, 2023 11:57 AM in response to Trouble4357

Trouble4357 wrote:

Need your advice. I started the Catalina upgrade. It got 50% complete and has stopped for the last 2 hours. What is the best step to take at this point. Will restarting the computer corrupt the system? Or will it reboot with the last High Sierra OS in place? Thanks

Is it at the installation phase where you see an Apple logo?

Do you have a Time Machine backup of your Mac?

Jack

Apr 2, 2023 4:28 PM in response to Trouble4357

Perform a force shut down of your Mac by pressing and holding the power button until the display turns off (about 10 seconds.) Then, turn the Mac back on and startup into Internet Recovery Mode (Option-Command-R) by immediately pressing and holding those keys at startup. Once in macOS Internet Recovery, choose a Wi-Fi network from the Wi-Fi drop-down menu (top right). Next, choose the option to reinstall macOS, and follow the steps.

Jack

Imac win’t upgrade past High Sierra 10.15.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.