Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Why do I have to rent or buy movies on Apple TV when I have an Apple TV+ subscription?

Question is why is every movie that I want to see either have to be rented or bought when I have an Apple TV subscription like every movie like what am I paying for?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2023 10:50 AM

So I just purchased a subscription to Apple TV and have the same problem as many of you out there that you have to rent or buy movies and it seems to be every movie that you want to watch is a renter by I don’t understand if you purchase the subscription why we have to pay for the movies we want to watch and I don’t want to hear anymore that it only includes original content because that’s crap because every streaming service has original content and and has free movies for same price as apple

apple is $9.99 for regular

prime $11.99 for premium

And some streaming services are to watch with commercials

Especially when apple owns itunes

they choose not to show them for free

thats just greed in a nutshell

if everyone starts complaining and posting maybe they change

power in numbers

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2023 10:50 AM in response to Niel

So I just purchased a subscription to Apple TV and have the same problem as many of you out there that you have to rent or buy movies and it seems to be every movie that you want to watch is a renter by I don’t understand if you purchase the subscription why we have to pay for the movies we want to watch and I don’t want to hear anymore that it only includes original content because that’s crap because every streaming service has original content and and has free movies for same price as apple

apple is $9.99 for regular

prime $11.99 for premium

And some streaming services are to watch with commercials

Especially when apple owns itunes

they choose not to show them for free

thats just greed in a nutshell

if everyone starts complaining and posting maybe they change

power in numbers

Dec 4, 2023 10:54 AM in response to KBellz1963

KBellz1963 wrote:

I don’t want to hear anymore that it only includes original content because that’s crap because every streaming service has original content and and has free movies for same price as apple

You might not want to hear it but it remains true that your AppleTV+ subscription only includes Apple's original content. I understand you might not like it. And what other streaming services do is irrelevant. Apple is allowed to set up their service to work they way they deem to be most profitable.

You can let Apple know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Why do I have to rent or buy movies on Apple TV when I have an Apple TV+ subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.