Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update/Upgrade

Why cant I update upgrade MacOS software? Cant find in system preferences and does not come up in App store.

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 9:46 PM

DanDanDanDan1313 Said:

"Update/Upgrade: Why cant I update upgrade MacOS software? Cant find in system preferences and does not come up in App store."

-------

Updating a macOS:

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

Back Up your Mac First:  Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2023 9:46 PM in response to DanDanDanDan1313

DanDanDanDan1313 Said:

"Update/Upgrade: Why cant I update upgrade MacOS software? Cant find in system preferences and does not come up in App store."

-------

Updating a macOS:

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

Back Up your Mac First:  Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

Update/Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.