Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search function on my Macbook Pro (OS Monterey, Version 12.6.3) of almost no use any more - would love to restrict it to searching only my Mac - possible?

Struggling w' the search function on my Mac (Monterey V 12.6.3). Have read a few posts about this, which mention different things that individuals did to try to improve the situation. Unfortunately, I don't understand what they were (what was done) and it appears that they didn't really help. Used to LOVE the search function on my Mac - super, super useful. Now it's almost useless! So frustrating; a huge loss! I have no idea what to do and would appreciate any suggestions. I want to be able to search for things ON MY MAC ONLY, not on the Internet! TIA for any ideas / recommendations! Best wishes, M

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 7:16 AM

I want to be able to search for things ON MY MAC ONLY, not on the Internet!

Use the Finder's Search field. Read Narrow your search results on Mac - Apple Support.

1 reply

Search function on my Macbook Pro (OS Monterey, Version 12.6.3) of almost no use any more - would love to restrict it to searching only my Mac - possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.