Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I touch a hyperlink it will not open, what can I do to fix this?

When doing a search I try and open a hyperlink and nothing happens, where can I go to fix this annoying problem.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 10:44 AM

If you're having trouble opening hyperlinks on your device, there are a few things you can try...

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure your device is connected to the internet and has a stable connection. If you're not connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data, hyperlinks may not work.
  2. Restart your device: Try restarting your device by turning it off and then back on again. This can help clear any temporary glitches or issues that may be causing hyperlinks not to work.
  3. Update your device: Make sure your device is running the latest version of its operating system. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check if there are any updates available.
  4. Disable Content Blockers: If you have any content blockers or ad-blockers enabled on your device, they may be preventing hyperlinks from opening. Try disabling them temporarily to see if that resolves the issue.
  5. Clear your browser cache: If you're having trouble opening hyperlinks in a web browser, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. This can help resolve any temporary issues that may be causing the problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2023 10:44 AM in response to Mat1946

If you're having trouble opening hyperlinks on your device, there are a few things you can try...

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure your device is connected to the internet and has a stable connection. If you're not connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data, hyperlinks may not work.
  2. Restart your device: Try restarting your device by turning it off and then back on again. This can help clear any temporary glitches or issues that may be causing hyperlinks not to work.
  3. Update your device: Make sure your device is running the latest version of its operating system. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check if there are any updates available.
  4. Disable Content Blockers: If you have any content blockers or ad-blockers enabled on your device, they may be preventing hyperlinks from opening. Try disabling them temporarily to see if that resolves the issue.
  5. Clear your browser cache: If you're having trouble opening hyperlinks in a web browser, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. This can help resolve any temporary issues that may be causing the problem.

When I touch a hyperlink it will not open, what can I do to fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.