Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo Email

I have been having trouble with my yahoo email on my Iphone. My email wouldn't update even though I knew I had new mail. I deleted it but now it won't allow me to add it back. I know I have the right email password but every time I enter it the account resets back to add account.

Anyone else having this issue?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 7:59 PM

bhoski Said:

"Yahoo Email: I have been having trouble with my yahoo email on my Iphone. My email wouldn't update even though I knew I had new mail. I deleted it but now it won't allow me to add it back. I know I have the right email password but every time I enter it the account resets back to add account. Anyone else having this issue?"

-------

Use a New App Password:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Remove the current one, and then use the new one instead. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix).:

App Password Link:

Yahoo: Generate and manage third-party app passwords | Account Help | Yahoo

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2023 7:59 PM in response to bhoski

bhoski Said:

"Yahoo Email: I have been having trouble with my yahoo email on my Iphone. My email wouldn't update even though I knew I had new mail. I deleted it but now it won't allow me to add it back. I know I have the right email password but every time I enter it the account resets back to add account. Anyone else having this issue?"

-------

Use a New App Password:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Remove the current one, and then use the new one instead. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix).:

App Password Link:

Yahoo: Generate and manage third-party app passwords | Account Help | Yahoo

Yahoo Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.