Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t cast my cable to my tv

I got rid of my cable box because Spectrum said I can cast it from the app on my phone. It worked the first day but not after

UTU850D,

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 1:28 PM

I got rid of my cable box because Spectrum said I can cast it from the app on my phone. It worked the first day but not after

While you do not need a cable box per se, you do need Spectrum Internet and a Spectrum TV plan to watch Spectrum TV on a TV in your own home. You do need both the TV and mobile device to connect to the same Wi-Fi network, connected to internet from Spectrum, to watch via AirPlay or Android Cast.

Samsung TVs from 2012 or later should support their own version of the Spectrum TV app. You may have to install it from the Samsung App Store/​Smart Hub. Spectrum TV app for Samsung smart TVs: Get started - Spectrum Support.

Select Samsung TVs from 2018 or later should support AirPlay; you have to activate it in Settings.

If using Apple TV box (4th generation or later) (2015 or later), then you can install the Spectrum TV app on that, and then you won’t need to use AirPlay or casting. Just connect the box to the TV through HDMI.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 1:28 PM in response to Thompee

While you do not need a cable box per se, you do need Spectrum Internet and a Spectrum TV plan to watch Spectrum TV on a TV in your own home. You do need both the TV and mobile device to connect to the same Wi-Fi network, connected to internet from Spectrum, to watch via AirPlay or Android Cast.

Samsung TVs from 2012 or later should support their own version of the Spectrum TV app. You may have to install it from the Samsung App Store/​Smart Hub. Spectrum TV app for Samsung smart TVs: Get started - Spectrum Support.

Select Samsung TVs from 2018 or later should support AirPlay; you have to activate it in Settings.

If using Apple TV box (4th generation or later) (2015 or later), then you can install the Spectrum TV app on that, and then you won’t need to use AirPlay or casting. Just connect the box to the TV through HDMI.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.