Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store language does not match iPhone language

Hello,

Under Settings>General>Language & Region the preferred language is English. However, although my iPhone’s language is English in general, the App Store is in German because my Apple-ID account is based Switzerland.

How is possible to switch ALSO App Store to English as is the rest of my iPhone?

Thanks.

Yannis

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 11:17 PM

2 replies

Apr 5, 2023 2:29 PM in response to Iannis82

Hello Iannis82,

We would like to see how we can help you with changing your Apple ID region. The only way to change the language in the App Store, will be by changing to your region with the steps in this link: Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

"Use your iPhone or iPad to change your region

1. Open the Settings app. 
  2. Tap your name, then tap Media & Purchases.
  3. Tap View Account. You might be asked to sign in.
  4. Tap Country/Region.
  5. iPhone showing Country/Region in Account Settings.

6. Tap Change Country or Region.
  7. Tap your new country or region, then review the Terms & Conditions.
  8. Tap Agree in the upper-right corner, then tap Agree again to confirm.
  9. Select a payment method and enter your new payment information and billing address, then tap Next. You must enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.*

Use your computer to change your region

1. Open the Music app or iTunes.
  2. In the menu bar at the top of the screen or the top of the iTunes window, click Account, then click View My Account or Account Settings.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  4. On the Account Information page, click Change Country or Region.
  5. The Account Information page includes the Change Country or Region button.

6. Select your new country or region.
  7. Review the Terms & Conditions, then click Agree. Click Agree again to confirm.
  8. Enter your new payment information* and billing address, then click Continue.

Change your region online

1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
  2. Tap or click Personal Information.
  3. Tap or click Country/Region.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions. You must enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.*"

Cheers!

Apr 5, 2023 11:07 PM in response to Iannis82

Hello Sean_B1,

Changing the region would not be a good option. I am based in Switzerland where I work and live and which is the region of my Apple-ID.

I just do not speak German so well, I would prefer to have the App Store, iTunes, Apple TV and Apple Music in English (or Greek, or Dutch) but not in German which is currently the shown language because of the region I live in (Switzerland).

I’ve seen that many users have the same issue. It is so common to live in a country whose main language is x but you speak y but Apple did not think of that. The region of the Apple ID should be disconnected from the language used in App Store, iTunes etc. and should match the language of the iPhone device but it doesn’t.

Yannis

App Store language does not match iPhone language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.