Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my $PATH set correctly?

I have a 2021 MacBook Pro M1 running macOS Ventura - 13.3 (22E252). Can someone please and kindly confirm if my shell's home path is actually correct?

I am currently running macOS Ventura - 13.3 (22E252). Thank you!

For example:

echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/opt/homebrew/bin:/opt/homebrew/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/System/Cryptexes/App/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/MacGPG2/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/local/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/appleinternal/bin1

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 6:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 7:44 AM

I have nothing in /opt/homebrew/sbin or /usr/local/sbin. My PATH excluding any Python framework path is the following and it uses "." to represent the current directory and I happen to have frequently used scripts in my home bin directory that I created.

export PATH=".:$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/homebrew/bin:${PATH}"

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2023 7:44 AM in response to garochristian

I have nothing in /opt/homebrew/sbin or /usr/local/sbin. My PATH excluding any Python framework path is the following and it uses "." to represent the current directory and I happen to have frequently used scripts in my home bin directory that I created.

export PATH=".:$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/homebrew/bin:${PATH}"

Is my $PATH set correctly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.