Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhones gyro isn’t working

Recently i realized that my gyro isn’t working. I sometimes play a game that requires gyroscope and i realized it wasn’t functioning. I tried turning the gyro on and off in-game but it didn’t work. Then i opened the Compass app and the compass was stationary but the screen orientation is working fine. I haven’t dropped the phone so i assume there isn’t any fault due to physical damage. I have an iPhone Xs. It would be really helpful to get this issue fixed.

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 8:26 AM

If your iPhone's gyro isn't working on certain game apps then...

1. Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor software glitches that are affecting your iPhone's sensors. Press and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears, then slide it to turn off your iPhone. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the power button again to turn it back on.
  2. Check for updates: Make sure your iPhone's operating system and apps are up to date. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to see if there are any updates available.
  3. Contact Apple Support: If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact Apple Support for further assistance. They can help you troubleshoot the issue and determine if your iPhone needs to be repaired or replaced.
  4. Delete and Install: Do not remove. Delete it and download it from the App Store.
  5. Contact the App developer --> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2023 8:26 AM in response to Itz_bhullar

If your iPhone's gyro isn't working on certain game apps then...

1. Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor software glitches that are affecting your iPhone's sensors. Press and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears, then slide it to turn off your iPhone. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the power button again to turn it back on.
  2. Check for updates: Make sure your iPhone's operating system and apps are up to date. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to see if there are any updates available.
  3. Contact Apple Support: If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact Apple Support for further assistance. They can help you troubleshoot the issue and determine if your iPhone needs to be repaired or replaced.
  4. Delete and Install: Do not remove. Delete it and download it from the App Store.
  5. Contact the App developer --> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

My iPhones gyro isn’t working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.