Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I use airplay to mirror the screen on my iPhone to my ipad?

I cannot seem to use airplay to mirror the screen on my iPhone to my ipad.

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 2:18 AM

It is not possible to use AirPlay to mirror the screen from your iPhone to your iPad.

You can control certain functions on your iPad via Control Nearby Devices on your iPhone. Both devices must be connected to the same Apple ID You will find the function here: SettingsAccessibilityControl Nearby Devices.

You can also use 3rd party apps to mirror the screen from your iPhone to your iPad. There are several options on the App Store, for example APowerMirror. The app must be installed on both devices before it works. There are several options, but search the App Store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 2:18 AM in response to CNH60

It is not possible to use AirPlay to mirror the screen from your iPhone to your iPad.

You can control certain functions on your iPad via Control Nearby Devices on your iPhone. Both devices must be connected to the same Apple ID You will find the function here: SettingsAccessibilityControl Nearby Devices.

You can also use 3rd party apps to mirror the screen from your iPhone to your iPad. There are several options on the App Store, for example APowerMirror. The app must be installed on both devices before it works. There are several options, but search the App Store.

Why can’t I use airplay to mirror the screen on my iPhone to my ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.