Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bose Soundbar 900 Connection to Apple TV 4K (Newest Generation)

Hello,

I was curious on if anyone has figured out how to set up both the soundbar and Apple TV to their tv.

Bose has told me to try with 2 HDMI Cables. One connected to the Soundbar 900 and the other connected to the Apple TV. My concern is that the Apple TV needs to be connected to the ARC port. Is this true? If not, I will connect the Apple TV to a different HDMI port and the soundbar to the ARC/eARC port on the tv.

Any clarification is appreciated and I hope to find some help before I set everything up and realize it doesn't actually work.

Please help

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 5:15 AM

The ARC/eARC ports are for the connection between the TV and the audio system (here: the soundbar). Apple TV can connect to any other HDMI port on the TV.

Apple TV →[HDMI]→ TV →[HDMI (e)ARC]→ soundbar

Then set Apple TV to use “TV Speakers” to have it output audio over HDMI. And set your TV for audio passthrough to the soundbar.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 5:15 AM in response to Lbot02

The ARC/eARC ports are for the connection between the TV and the audio system (here: the soundbar). Apple TV can connect to any other HDMI port on the TV.

Apple TV →[HDMI]→ TV →[HDMI (e)ARC]→ soundbar

Then set Apple TV to use “TV Speakers” to have it output audio over HDMI. And set your TV for audio passthrough to the soundbar.

Bose Soundbar 900 Connection to Apple TV 4K (Newest Generation)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.