Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail changing my send from email address

I've recently changed my primary email address from the one I've used for years. Even though I select the new email address in the "From" section, and have made my new email address the default "Send From" account in Apple Mail settings, after I press send, Apple Mail is reverting the send from email address to my old email address. It is doing this on my MacBook and my iPhone.

How do I get Apple Mail to stop automatically changing the send from email address to my old one?

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 5:30 PM

erin_seattle wrote:

I've recently changed my primary email address from the one I've used for years. Even though I select the new email address in the "From" section, and have made my new email address the default "Send From" account in Apple Mail settings, after I press send, Apple Mail is reverting the send from email address to my old email address. It is doing this on my MacBook and my iPhone.

How do I get Apple Mail to stop automatically changing the send from email address to my old one?

Change the associated account in(?) :

• >System Settings>AppleID
  • Contacts.app> your card
  • Mail>Window>Previous Recipients remove old address if present
  • Mail>Settings>Accounts make changes to Server Settings and associated email adresses

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 5:30 PM in response to erin_seattle

erin_seattle wrote:

Change the associated account in(?) :

• >System Settings>AppleID
  • Contacts.app> your card
  • Mail>Window>Previous Recipients remove old address if present
  • Mail>Settings>Accounts make changes to Server Settings and associated email adresses

Apple Mail changing my send from email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.