Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 8 battery health is at 75% what do i do?

I have a 3 year old iphone8 and the health is down to 75%. Is it worth changing the battery or a new phone?

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 8:56 PM

Apple considers that an iPhone's battery needs to be replaced if it cannot maintain, at least, an 80% charge after 500 full recharging cycles. If this be the case for you, you should have it replaced by your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

4 replies

Apr 2, 2023 9:58 PM in response to Tesserax

Tesserax wrote:
Apple considers that an iPhone's battery needs to be replaced if it cannot maintain, at least, an 80% charge after 500 full recharging cycles. If this be the case for you, you should have it replaced by your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Probably even before it reaches the number of nominal rated cycles. I've had Apple OEM batteries that I had past the warranty period that dropped in battery health long before reaching the rated cycles.

Apr 2, 2023 10:12 PM in response to Tesserax

I was kind of disappointed, but it was way past the warranty period. My current iPhone battery is at more than 700 cycles and reports 88% battery health.

I don't think there's any kind of discount for dropping below 80% battery health before the number of rated cycles if it's past the warranty or AppleCare period.

My iPhone 8 battery health is at 75% what do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.