Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 8 and my husband has an iPhone 11. We are wanting to add our drivers licence and the drop down menu in both phones do not have the drivers licence facility to add. What can we do?

I have an iPhone 8 and my husband has an iPhone 11. We are wanting to add our drivers licence and the drop down menu in both phones do not have the drivers licence facility to add. What can we do?

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 12:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 6:53 AM

Certain regions may take longer to adopt use of State driver license and federal IDs.

So far, only three US states are included in this roll-out. I keep checking on those.

Add your driver's license or state ID to Apple Wallet - Apple Support

//support.apple.com/kb/HT212940

To add your license or ID to Apple Wallet, you need:

"Arizona - Colorado - Maryland"

• Your device region set to United States. (Or others, as available.)

"Arizona - Colorado - Maryland" ~ still follows slow US roll-out.

While I have no interest in digital versions, for confirmation I did take clear image of

my driver license; it's in my iPhone. Alternate IDs, or 'Real ID' may need to be used.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 6:53 AM in response to dmgoodus12

Certain regions may take longer to adopt use of State driver license and federal IDs.

So far, only three US states are included in this roll-out. I keep checking on those.

Add your driver's license or state ID to Apple Wallet - Apple Support

//support.apple.com/kb/HT212940

To add your license or ID to Apple Wallet, you need:

"Arizona - Colorado - Maryland"

• Your device region set to United States. (Or others, as available.)

"Arizona - Colorado - Maryland" ~ still follows slow US roll-out.

While I have no interest in digital versions, for confirmation I did take clear image of

my driver license; it's in my iPhone. Alternate IDs, or 'Real ID' may need to be used.

Apr 3, 2023 12:26 AM in response to dmgoodus12

The link on top of this page which you had visited, before posting this question here, is shown under the "Related Article” that may have given you an answer.

You need to mention which part of the article was not clear to you.

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Apr 3, 2023 7:00 AM in response to dmgoodus12

Last time I checked only the states of Maryland, Arizona and Colorado were allowing drivers licenses to appear in Apple Wallet. There may be more at this time.

If your license is not from one of the states, nothing that you can do at this point other than encourage your state government to join the list. It's not an Apple issue.....it is a state issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.