Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clicked a link, update credit card scam mail

Hi. 

I just clicked this update payment update in a scam mail.

I just got my eyes up this morning and clicked the link to see it i still had a amazon prime account, 

but i suddently realiced it could be scam and i quickly closed the page after clicking the link so i didnt see what page they tried me to enter. 

What can i do after this scam to prevent it go further or spread malware to other devices on my wifi? 

I have changed password for

Both my mail and wifi.

I want to be sure that my gaming pc isnt get infected or other users in the house, i havent turned on the pc yet, used my iPhone when i was a fool to click the link. 

Appreciate some advices what i must do now. 

Here is a pics of the scam and i removed my email adress for security reasons. 

[Email Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 1:30 AM

Since you (hopefully) did not enter any personal data on that website, the scam mail took you to on your iPhone, you should be safe.

Those people want you to enter your personal credentials on their website.

Have a look at these related articles, one being a user tip:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 1:30 AM in response to RayR87

Since you (hopefully) did not enter any personal data on that website, the scam mail took you to on your iPhone, you should be safe.

Those people want you to enter your personal credentials on their website.

Have a look at these related articles, one being a user tip:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

Apr 3, 2023 1:46 AM in response to Ingo2711

Thanks for the links, will read up on them now, i have always helped my mom with this scam mails and now i was clicking on it myself for the first time in many years. I didnt filled out anything information at all, just realiced it was scam too late after clicking it then i left the page while it loaded up.

Apr 3, 2023 2:18 AM in response to Ingo2711

Was affraid just clicked this link could cause malware spread over to other units on my network or hack my accounts, yes just clicked it and then i closed the window right after on the iPhone.

So if this unknown page only tried to steal money by me filling in the credit card number then it’s safe as you said, but how can i know that was their only purpose?

I have no idea how it works but after googling it seems like just clicking on a link could do massive issues to not only my phone but rest of the connected units to my network.

Also heard that iPhones is very safe to use on the internet too but about spreading malware my knowledge is non.

Apr 3, 2023 2:52 AM in response to Ingo2711

Appreciate a lot that you have been of good help.

I now though i could be on thin ice and that it was just enough to login and use the pc and everything could be infected there too, not affraid for my Apple devices the security have never let me down there.

But i have to use this Windows pc for gaming and other things, Just wanted to make sure my mistake by clicking the button in the scam mail didnt got consequenses on the Windows pc since im logged in there with the same accounts :-)

Clicked a link, update credit card scam mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.