Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connectivity Issues in AirPods Pro 2nd Gen after 5B58 update

Is anyone else facing the connectivity issues wherein if you try to receive the all from the AirPods stick, it tends to connect, disconnect for almost 13-15 seconds and we can see this connection animation on the phone call connecting to AirPods and then going back to iPhone speaker/earpiece.

i have tried contacting support, they guided me with few of the physical reset procedures of the AirPods but did not work. Then i had to go to the service centre, they told that the AirPods were working fine on other devices so there might be issue with my iPhone and so i gave permission to do a factory reset of my iPhone. But no luck after that too

On the contrary, the other AirPods lying with the service centre were working absolutely fine with my iPhone before my phone was reset. I was able to see the perfect  experience.

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 7:08 AM

I guess, some of the AirPods are affected. Mine being one of those.

The support case went on for 2 weeks after which i was told that the same issue is being faced by other airpods owners as well, and this is a firmware issue, the apple team is looking into it and will soon release a new firmware update.

No dates provided.

It absolutely makes no sense to have AirPods currently without the proper connectivity it is just like any other normal cheap earphone.

I purchased AirPods 2 Gen in November, 2022 and since then i have not been able to use the AirPods as the apple intended it to use. I genuinely feel, apple should reinstate the warranty period from the time when the issue came into existence. Around 5 months now and counting.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 7:08 AM in response to akshay228

I guess, some of the AirPods are affected. Mine being one of those.

The support case went on for 2 weeks after which i was told that the same issue is being faced by other airpods owners as well, and this is a firmware issue, the apple team is looking into it and will soon release a new firmware update.

No dates provided.

It absolutely makes no sense to have AirPods currently without the proper connectivity it is just like any other normal cheap earphone.

I purchased AirPods 2 Gen in November, 2022 and since then i have not been able to use the AirPods as the apple intended it to use. I genuinely feel, apple should reinstate the warranty period from the time when the issue came into existence. Around 5 months now and counting.

Connectivity Issues in AirPods Pro 2nd Gen after 5B58 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.