Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When attempting to load an app on my iPad - i am told to double click in the upper left hand corner of the screen but the app does not load

I am unable to load applications on my iPad - the ‘double click to install’ in the upper left hand corner of my screen does not start the download and i brought back to the apps screen. How do I access the link in the upper left hand corner to load the app? NOTE: I have the same issue with my iPhone.

Thanks

Sheri

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 8:42 AM

The double-click prompt, as seen on your screen, relates to the corresponding physical button on the edge of the iPad frame. This also applies to your iPhone.

Double-click the physical sleep/wake button, not the screen.

For your iPad, illustrated here in Landscape orientation, with the charging connector to the right - the physical “top” button is at upper left of the outer frame, with the volume buttons on the top-edge.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 8:42 AM in response to SEC_63

The double-click prompt, as seen on your screen, relates to the corresponding physical button on the edge of the iPad frame. This also applies to your iPhone.

Double-click the physical sleep/wake button, not the screen.

For your iPad, illustrated here in Landscape orientation, with the charging connector to the right - the physical “top” button is at upper left of the outer frame, with the volume buttons on the top-edge.

When attempting to load an app on my iPad - i am told to double click in the upper left hand corner of the screen but the app does not load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.