Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS 10.15.0 Catalina

Where can I download the earliest version of Catalina?

I am trying to install 10.15.1 but the install stops and tells me I need to have macOS 10.15.0 installed first.

Ugh!

I am trying to install this on a late 2013 model MacBook pro currently running 10.14.6 Mojave

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 5:32 PM

The only full install of Catalina available today is 10.15.7.

✅ - IF your Mac and apps are compatible, then using Safari only, download the macOS upgrade installer app:

Click >  Catalina.

Once downloaded, double-click the “Install macOS…” app in the Applications folder to begin the upgrade.

Please see > How to download macOS.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 5:32 PM in response to Richard1963

The only full install of Catalina available today is 10.15.7.

✅ - IF your Mac and apps are compatible, then using Safari only, download the macOS upgrade installer app:

Click >  Catalina.

Once downloaded, double-click the “Install macOS…” app in the Applications folder to begin the upgrade.

Please see > How to download macOS.

Apr 3, 2023 5:56 PM in response to D.I. Johnson

Thank you but the Link takes me to 10.15.7

that Catalina download refuses to load without Catalina 10.15.0 already installed.

im trying to locate the original 10.15.0 version. Once that is installed then I can take the upgrade path to 10.15.7 but without it, it seems I’m effed. I was hoping somebody would know a secret link to the older versions. I know they are out there.

Apr 3, 2023 5:58 PM in response to D.I. Johnson

IF your Mac and apps are compatible, then using Safari only, download the macOS upgrade installer app

1. Richard said above that it's a Late 2013 MacBook Pro, which is compatible with Catalina.

2. The requirement to use only Safari for this no longer exists; Apple redesigned the system.

The linked installer is a full-version upgrade and will work on Mojave. Updaters such as the ones on Apple Support won't.

(237509)

Apr 3, 2023 6:06 PM in response to Richard1963

The link I have provided in my previous post will take you to the 10.15.7 Catalina full installer download in the Mac App Store. That is the only Catalina installer available.

If that download fails, please check your Applications folder for a previous download which may have placed the "Install macOS Catalina" app in that folder. If you find that or another "Install macOS..." app in the Applications folder, drag it (them) to the trash, empty the trash and try the download again.

If you have found Catalina installers at another site, Apple.com/downloads, you have found update installers that may only be applied to earlier versions of Catalina already installed. They are not full installers.

Mac OS 10.15.0 Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.