Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone12pro max REPAIR

IS IT POSSIBLE TO REPLACE or REPAIR THE USB CHARGING PORT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE IPHONE 12 WITHOUT HAVING TO REPLACE THE ENTIRE BOARD? IF NOT, CAN I PURCHASE THAT component THAT IS NEEDED FOR REPLACEMENT? WHERE? IF REPLACED WILL IT HAVE ANY AFFECT ON MY PHOTOS AND OR SETTINGS? IF NEEDED TO REPLACE THE ENTIRE component IN WICH THE PORT IS SOLDERED TOo, CAN I CHOOSE WETHER OR NOT TO PURCHASE A LOCKED OR UNLOCKED replacement COMPONENT.? or does that not have anything to do with what i need to replace? I THANK YOU KINDLY FOR YOUR TIME AND EXPERTISE, ROGER

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 7:33 PM

IS IT POSSIBLE TO REPLACE or REPAIR THE USB CHARGING PORT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE IPHONE 12 WITHOUT HAVING TO REPLACE THE ENTIRE BOARD?

No

IF NOT, CAN I PURCHASE THAT component THAT IS NEEDED FOR REPLACEMENT?

No

We could go on, but you need to understand that Apple does not offer repair parts or even offer repairs on an issue like this.

If the iPhone is still covered by AppleCare, Apple will replace the iPhone with a refurbished product. If the phone is out of warranty, there is not much that you can do with Apple involvement.

I suppose it is possible that an independent shop might be able to repair the port......IF.....they could find the correct parts or board to do so. But, since Apple does not sell this type of part, the repair shop would have to try to rob the part from another iPhone. I have a feeling that this is not anywhere near as simple as it might sound.

How well.....or if.....that would even work is open to question.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 7:33 PM in response to RogerEstep

IS IT POSSIBLE TO REPLACE or REPAIR THE USB CHARGING PORT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE IPHONE 12 WITHOUT HAVING TO REPLACE THE ENTIRE BOARD?

No

IF NOT, CAN I PURCHASE THAT component THAT IS NEEDED FOR REPLACEMENT?

No

We could go on, but you need to understand that Apple does not offer repair parts or even offer repairs on an issue like this.

If the iPhone is still covered by AppleCare, Apple will replace the iPhone with a refurbished product. If the phone is out of warranty, there is not much that you can do with Apple involvement.

I suppose it is possible that an independent shop might be able to repair the port......IF.....they could find the correct parts or board to do so. But, since Apple does not sell this type of part, the repair shop would have to try to rob the part from another iPhone. I have a feeling that this is not anywhere near as simple as it might sound.

How well.....or if.....that would even work is open to question.

iphone12pro max REPAIR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.