Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Screen time settings not working after update

screen time has been completely screwed up since the update. Every setting is rearranging itself,

deleting, adding, etc.

I have NO control.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 9:05 PM

st eval grl Said:

"Screen time: screen time has been completely screwed up since the update. Every setting is rearranging itself,

deleting, adding, etc. I have NO control."

-------

Seems to be no more than a bug. Perform the following...

Toubleshooting Screen Time Bugs:

Report this Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: These are user-to-user forums. Apple rarely reads these forums on their own time as it is. So, provide Apple with feedback on this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all started after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 9:05 PM in response to st eval grl

st eval grl Said:

"Screen time: screen time has been completely screwed up since the update. Every setting is rearranging itself,

deleting, adding, etc. I have NO control."

-------

Seems to be no more than a bug. Perform the following...

Toubleshooting Screen Time Bugs:

Report this Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: These are user-to-user forums. Apple rarely reads these forums on their own time as it is. So, provide Apple with feedback on this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all started after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

May 1, 2023 12:51 PM in response to st eval grl

Hi,

I went though the process of Reset all settings for all Family phones with no results, after the trouble of resetting all the phones, screentime behaved badly once more.

After struggling with the usability of this feature over the last months, I think I figured out a setup that it works with iOS 16.4.

First, I completely disabled Downtime.

Second, I added screen time intervals per app categories, but I made sure to have no more than 10 apps in each interval. I know it is annoying and the screentime setup will look ugly, but I am now on the first week with consistent time limits both on parent iphone and screen time app on osx.

Also, the "ask for 1minute" hack the children successfully used to mess up with the time limits no longer works.

Any feedback if this is a solution for anyone is highly appreciated.

Screen time settings not working after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.