Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not have multitasking option

I have an iPad Air 5th Generation. I do not have the multitasking function in my ... (3 dots) at the top of any apps.

I only have - Enter Full Screen, Add another window, Minimise and Close X

I am unable to enter split screen by dragging apps either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 1:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 2:41 AM

You would appear to have the iPadOS16 Stage Manager function enabled on your iPad. Enabling Stage Manager modifies available multitasking views…

With Stage Manager enabled, you will see the new Windowed UI (User Interface) - and with it you’ll see the multitasking options that you describe.

With Stage Manager disabled (arguably, this being the far more useful mode when using the iPad without a connected external monitor), you will see the established Full, Split and Slide-over views listed and accessible from the three-dot button.

Stage Manager can be disabled (or enabled) from iPad settings:

Settings > Home Screen & Multitasking > Stage Manager > Use Stage Manager on iPad - set to OFF

The Stage Manager feature can also be simply enabled/disabled from the Control Centre.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 2:41 AM in response to ruby__35

You would appear to have the iPadOS16 Stage Manager function enabled on your iPad. Enabling Stage Manager modifies available multitasking views…

With Stage Manager enabled, you will see the new Windowed UI (User Interface) - and with it you’ll see the multitasking options that you describe.

With Stage Manager disabled (arguably, this being the far more useful mode when using the iPad without a connected external monitor), you will see the established Full, Split and Slide-over views listed and accessible from the three-dot button.

Stage Manager can be disabled (or enabled) from iPad settings:

Settings > Home Screen & Multitasking > Stage Manager > Use Stage Manager on iPad - set to OFF

The Stage Manager feature can also be simply enabled/disabled from the Control Centre.

I do not have multitasking option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.