why do safari Web Inspector - nbagent - JSContext windows keep opening?

recently these have been popping up...so what is/has been installed?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 7:44 AM

Not sure if this is your problem, but give it a shot if you have the Develop menu in Safari. Click the Develop menu and select the third item down that just show you computer name. There is a setting to automatically show Web Inspector for JSContext. See if yours is checked and switch it off.

13 replies

Apr 9, 2023 11:00 PM in response to aidrummer

Thank you for sharing Mac Jim ID

For french speakers;

Si vous avez une fenêtre popup qui ouvre l'Inspecteur Web pour JSContext de manière intempestive depuis la dernière mise à jour de Monterey 12.6.4.

Allez sur le menu - Développement - de Safari. Puis cliquer sur le troisième lien de menu qui montre le nom de l'ordinateur, afficher le menu, et décocher "Afficher automatiquement l'inspecteur Web pour JSContexts" si il est activé.

Jul 12, 2023 2:31 PM in response to eftee

This may not be the situation you have as I have not seen it happen in Books and I am on Ventura, but the "Automatically Show Web Inspector for JSContext" is just a setting when you select your computer name that is the third item down from the top. When it was turned on it just had a checkmark next to it and you could remove the checkmark just by clicking it. Here is the pic without the checkmark next to it.

Apr 4, 2023 10:05 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

ah, thanx, i had just updated safari...yaaufu (yet another apple update fupduck)-; like after update to os12 the trackpad was unresponsive until a mouse was plugged in to be able to toggle "ignore trackpad when mouse plugged in" among other preference update fails:-\

but more concerning is that some installer-gui-script is triggered multiple times...

Jul 13, 2023 5:36 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

Hi Mac Jim

In "Big Sur" the view above is a little different. But at the end I found in "Safari Developer" under "myName etc. " a long set of text lines, and almost at the end a "checkmark" "v" before the almost last text line, with my name. Clicking it, the checkmark disappeared and "JSContext" too !

Thank you so much

Frits

why do safari Web Inspector - nbagent - JSContext windows keep opening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.