Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unwanted text on desktop of macair after cleaning with Onyx

I ran maintenance on my macair M1 2021 and when finished, the pathway to the desktop picture is written in text across the screen

MacBook Air 13″, 12.6

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 8:01 AM

That’s the kind of thing that happens when you do any kind of cleaning or maintenance on a Mac. It’s not needed and causes problems.

In older, OS X versions, there were hidden preferences to show the file path on screen saver or maybe desktop images. OnyX may have something in it that enables or disables that capability. contact their support.

If not, you may be able to find an old article that talks about how to enable and disable something that.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 8:01 AM in response to DidiGr

That’s the kind of thing that happens when you do any kind of cleaning or maintenance on a Mac. It’s not needed and causes problems.

In older, OS X versions, there were hidden preferences to show the file path on screen saver or maybe desktop images. OnyX may have something in it that enables or disables that capability. contact their support.

If not, you may be able to find an old article that talks about how to enable and disable something that.

Apr 4, 2023 9:09 AM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks Barney for your quick reply. I've had Macs for over 20 years and have used this maintenance app for all that time and never had problems. I have heard that it's not necessary and I don't do it often but the occasional cleaning does seem to clear up space and has resolved minor issues in the past. But this time...well, first time for everything.

unwanted text on desktop of macair after cleaning with Onyx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.