Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Playlist with Content Rating

I see an existing closed thread, but no real answer.

How do I make a Smart Playlist based on c… - Apple Community

I, along with the other person, am looking to filter MUSIC, not Movies. I'd like to create some kid friendly playlists.

I have tried the full words (Explicit/Clean), the letters (E/C), numbers (0/1), and Yes/No.

I have also tried the Moving ratings, but no effect on the music.

@Apple, if this is not possible, please add it in.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 2:17 PM

As far as I am aware the clean/explicit labels don't feature as fields for smart playlists. You could potentially use Comments or Grouping to hold keywords that you assign. See https://samsoft.org.uk/iTunes/scripts.asp for some scripts for adding keywords to a selection of tracks. Use Feedback - iTunes - Apple to share your thoughts with Apple.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 2:17 PM in response to roddk939

As far as I am aware the clean/explicit labels don't feature as fields for smart playlists. You could potentially use Comments or Grouping to hold keywords that you assign. See https://samsoft.org.uk/iTunes/scripts.asp for some scripts for adding keywords to a selection of tracks. Use Feedback - iTunes - Apple to share your thoughts with Apple.

tt2

Apr 4, 2023 3:33 PM in response to roddk939

You're welcome. 🙂

I think there is an option to hide explicit content in the store, but it has never been an area I've needed to work with.

When my kids were still kids I used the Grouping field to control content for each of their iPods according to their tastes, using something like Alice/Bob/Charlie for something that each of them wanted.

tt2

Smart Playlist with Content Rating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.