Is there a way to use Airtags with an Android phone or PC?

Is there a FInd My app that doesn't require an Apple product? The 3rd party apps on Google Play don't work. Are Airtags stuck inside Apple?

AirTag

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2023 1:59 AM

I tried now. I see my Airtag on iPhone Locator, but not on iCloud web. On the web I just see the iPhone.

Unfortunately Apple don't want to find the Airtag without your iPhone, but technically would be possible. This just a "marketing" limitation.

9 replies

Apr 4, 2023 12:09 PM in response to iliveinmyinbox

You can use the Find My app in the https://icloud.com website to track the AirTags from any device with a web browser. However, you do need an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to pair the AirTag to for first setup.

The only limitation with the iCloud based Find My App is you won't be able to use Precision Finding from there as that feature requires an iPhone. You'll get a location within a few feet of the AirTag.

Apr 19, 2024 5:08 PM in response to tibor291

Apple AirTags are considered "items" by Apple. They can be "seen" either with the Find My app on an iPhone or an iPad. However they cannot be "seen" with the iCloud Find My app via a web browser as the web-based Find My does not include items ... only Apple Devices (iPhones, iPads, Macs, etc.)

Not sure why Apple did not include Items in the iCloud Find My app.

Is there a way to use Airtags with an Android phone or PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.