You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple Pencil 2….

If I want to buy an Apple Pencil generation 2, will it be compatible on my iPad 7th generation?

please answer me as soon as possible am in a hurry to buy an Apple Pencil, Thank you.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 12:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 4:30 PM

Here is Apple’s definitive compatibility list for Apple Pencil and iPad:

Apple Pencil compatibility - Apple Support

The second generation Apple Pencil is only compatible with iPad models that feature an inductive/magnetic charging dock that is explicitly designed for pairing/charging the second generation Pencil. Your iPad7 does not have an inductive charging dock. Instead, the iPad7 supports the first generation Apple Pencil that is paired and charged via the iPad’s Lightning port.

The first and second generation Pencil use an entirely different pairing and charging interface and are not interchangeable.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 4, 2023 4:30 PM in response to Me_234

Here is Apple’s definitive compatibility list for Apple Pencil and iPad:

Apple Pencil compatibility - Apple Support

The second generation Apple Pencil is only compatible with iPad models that feature an inductive/magnetic charging dock that is explicitly designed for pairing/charging the second generation Pencil. Your iPad7 does not have an inductive charging dock. Instead, the iPad7 supports the first generation Apple Pencil that is paired and charged via the iPad’s Lightning port.

The first and second generation Pencil use an entirely different pairing and charging interface and are not interchangeable.

Apr 4, 2023 1:07 PM in response to Me_234

Me_234 wrote:

If I want to buy an Apple Pencil generation 2, will it be compatible on my iPad 7th generation?

please answer me as soon as possible am in a hurry to buy an Apple Pencil, Thank you.

No. The 7th generation iPad is compatible with the first generation Apple Pencil only.

Click here ➜ Apple Pencil compatibility - Apple Support

Does Apple Pencil 2….

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.