Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro repair

can a broken screen on an iPad Pro be replaced

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 2:33 PM

Yes. It's fairly straightforward process, if there's no other damage to the iPad. Do note, screen breakage is not covered under warranty, so you will need to pay a fee for the repair.

Set up an appointment at an Apple Store, or setup a waned in service from the support document linked below.

click here ➜ iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 2:33 PM in response to Okitchr

Yes. It's fairly straightforward process, if there's no other damage to the iPad. Do note, screen breakage is not covered under warranty, so you will need to pay a fee for the repair.

Set up an appointment at an Apple Store, or setup a waned in service from the support document linked below.

click here ➜ iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

Apr 4, 2023 3:14 PM in response to Okitchr

Okitchr wrote:
I went to the Apple Store in David, Panama and the repair person there told me that Apple doesn’t have the screens and the best they could do was knock $400 off the price of a new iPad

There is no Apple Store in Panama. There might be authorized dealers, and I understand in many countries they give off the impression that Apple is the direct seller.

However, for the most part Apple or its authorized service providers don't "repair" iPads. At least they don't repair an iPad and return it to a customer. I've heard there's the possibility that they might install a battery at a regional service center and return it to a user, but that's not confirmed. What they do for the vast majority of iPad "repairs" is to exchange the defective iPad with a working "replacement unit" that has a special model number (starts with an N) that could be a refurbished or new device. Then the exchanged device can be disassembled and parts salvaged to make refurbished devices.

This is that they do for pretty much all iPad hardware service - even battery replacements. For anything less than "other damage" (hardware malfunction or a damaged screen case) they'll check for scratches or a bent case and will either replace for free (under Warranty or AppleCare) or as a battery replacement for a lower cost than full damage. Sounds like they offered you the "other damage" option. At least in the United States, for some iPad models I've seen the other damage fee cost the same as I paid (at a discounted price) for mine new.

I had an issue with an iPad mini 6 where it would no longer charge with a USB-A power adapter and wouldn't connect at all. I brought it in for an evaluation and after being directed to visit a different Apple Store (which had the replacement in stock) I got it replaced. But in no way would they have repaired the same device and returned it to me.

iPad Pro repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.