Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why i can’t update my phone with my mobile data and you to you want me to update with wi fi

please allow me to doawnlod and install my iPhone using my mobile data not as you say to download with wi fi

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 5:16 PM

If you want to use cellular data to update your phone, you must have an iPhone that supports 5G.....and.....your carrier must be using 5G.

The iPhone 12, 13 and 14 support 5G.

If you still have the iPhone XR, it does not support 5G, so you cannot use cellular data to update the phone. You can update using Wi-Fi or by connecting your iPhone to a Mac or PC.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2023 5:16 PM in response to Lelancy1

If you want to use cellular data to update your phone, you must have an iPhone that supports 5G.....and.....your carrier must be using 5G.

The iPhone 12, 13 and 14 support 5G.

If you still have the iPhone XR, it does not support 5G, so you cannot use cellular data to update the phone. You can update using Wi-Fi or by connecting your iPhone to a Mac or PC.

Why i can’t update my phone with my mobile data and you to you want me to update with wi fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.