Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone shows I’m driving and I’m sitting in my living room.

Why is my iPhone 11 showing that I’m sitting in my living room?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 12:18 AM

If your iPhone is showing that you're driving even though you're sitting in your living room,

1. Check your iPhone's location settings: Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure that location services are turned on for your iPhone. Also, make sure that the Maps app is allowed to access your location.
  2. Restart your iPhone: Try restarting your iPhone by holding down the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide the slider to turn off your device, then press and hold the power button again until the Apple logo appears.
  3. Update your iPhone: Make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to see if any updates are available. If there are, update your device to the latest version.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, check what is the Driving Focus settings on your device 9refer to the pic below

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2023 12:18 AM in response to Okiebybirth

If your iPhone is showing that you're driving even though you're sitting in your living room,

1. Check your iPhone's location settings: Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure that location services are turned on for your iPhone. Also, make sure that the Maps app is allowed to access your location.
  2. Restart your iPhone: Try restarting your iPhone by holding down the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide the slider to turn off your device, then press and hold the power button again until the Apple logo appears.
  3. Update your iPhone: Make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to see if any updates are available. If there are, update your device to the latest version.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, check what is the Driving Focus settings on your device 9refer to the pic below

My phone shows I’m driving and I’m sitting in my living room.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.