Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't play my own downloaded (non-DRM) music in Slideshow Project

I've selected photos for a slideshow project and am trying to choose my own music to play during the slideshow. I'm using songs that I copied from a CD and imported into Apple Music, so they're not DRM-protected, and they appear bold which seems to be the indication that they can be used. When I click on them they select properly and a check appears next to each selected song. The drop-down for Music / Theme Songs is set to 'Music'. Yet when I start the slideshow, it only plays the standard Apple theme song rather than my own music. Any help appreciated.

iMac 24″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 4:01 AM

Did you remove the theme songs from the section "Selected Music"? It does not suffice to select your own music, you have to remove the theme songs from the list of selected music and add your own music there.

4 replies

Apr 5, 2023 10:54 AM in response to rick7

i wish it were possible, to display the title of each photo automatically on a slide, but there is no slideshow theme that can do this. We have to add a title slide to each slide and copy the metadata manually to the title slides. It is a lot of work.

When I want to see metadata with my photos in a slideshow, I am running an Apple script to step through the photos of an album and show the metadata in the notification center: Script: A Slideshow With Titles and Loca… - Apple Community

Apr 5, 2023 10:44 AM in response to léonie

Ah! That did it. I see that if you hover your cursor over the 'SELECTED MUSIC', an 'x' appears and you can remove any item. And yes, the classical Apple 'theme song' was the first item in the list. That's gone, and now it plays my music. Thanks much.

Now that I have that...is there a way to display the IPTC 'caption' or 'title' field at the bottom of each slide? I know you can add text to any photo in a slideshow, but that doesn't involve any of the classic metadata fields. My photos are filled with info in the caption and title fields, but sadly that info seems to be wasted on these slideshows.

Apr 5, 2023 12:57 PM in response to léonie

Thanks--good to see your script. I've been using an app called Photo Manager Pro which displays the IPTC caption field but requires that you import your photos into their library.

Seems like a fairly obvious thing for Apple to include in their slideshow, so it's kind of puzzling why they've never implemented it.

Can't play my own downloaded (non-DRM) music in Slideshow Project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.