Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Sons Apple Watch is already in a family setup, he does not have a phone and I manage his Apple Watch through mine. I plan on giving him an iPhone, will his watch connect to his iPhone if he’s using the same Apple ID?

my Son has an Apple Watch setup by me. He does not have a phone but I plan on giving him one. His phone will be connected to the same family account as his watch. Will they be linked together as if someone where to have an Apple Watch, iPhone, and still be in a family group using Apple?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 4:44 PM

This support article appears to have the information you need: How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

Family Sharing is about an account, not hardware as such. Anything signed into his ID will be part of the sharing group.

Similar questions

1 reply

My Sons Apple Watch is already in a family setup, he does not have a phone and I manage his Apple Watch through mine. I plan on giving him an iPhone, will his watch connect to his iPhone if he’s using the same Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.