Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cycling distance not working

Hi, I have an iPhone 14 with IOS 16.4 and an Apple Watch 4. The “Cycling Distance” metric is in the health app, but does not record data when I ride - what do I need to do to make it start recording miles?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 1:53 PM

Hi - thank you. I have updated and restarted the watch and iPhone. A couple of issues - - Point 2 below - there is no option under my watch / workout for cycling - ??

- Point 6 below - on the phone, there is no toggle for workout.

How should I proceed?

Thanks

3 replies

Apr 5, 2023 8:07 AM in response to DJMCLB

Please check the following...

1. Check if the cycling workout is enabled on your Apple Watch:
  2. Open the Watch app on your iPhone, go to My Watch > Workout, and make sure that Cycling is turned on.
  3. Ensure that your iPhone and Apple Watch are connected/Paired:
  4. Make sure that your iPhone and Apple Watch are paired and connected via Bluetooth. You can check the connection status on your Apple Watch by swiping up from the watch face and looking for the green iPhone icon.
  5. Verify that the Health app is authorized to access workout data:
  6. Open the Health app on your iPhone, go to Sources > Apple Watch, and make sure that the toggle for "Workout" is turned on.
  7. Update your iPhone and Apple Watch software:
  8. Make sure that your iPhone and Apple Watch are running the latest software updates. Go to Settings > General > Software Update on your iPhone and check for any available updates.
  9. Restart your iPhone and Apple Watch:
  10. Try restarting both your iPhone and Apple Watch by turning them off and back on again.

Cycling distance not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.