Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my home Wi-Fi network say Hidden on my iPad?

Why does my Wi-Fi say hidden on my iPad?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 4:55 PM

A hidden WiFi network is configured from the WiFi Router that provides the WiFi network. To change the visibility of your WiFi network, you’ll need to access your WiFi Routers administration page - and make changes to the configuration.

You will need to consult your Router’s User Guide - or if provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), you should be able to find the necessary information from the ISPs support resources.

A hidden network attempts to hide the network name that is broadcast by the WiFi Router - making casual network discovery more difficult. Ironically, for technical reasons beyond the scope of this post, this feature actually weakens security - and engenders a false sense of security. The network name can be easily discovered using readily available network tools.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2023 4:55 PM in response to lexxen_nash

A hidden WiFi network is configured from the WiFi Router that provides the WiFi network. To change the visibility of your WiFi network, you’ll need to access your WiFi Routers administration page - and make changes to the configuration.

You will need to consult your Router’s User Guide - or if provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), you should be able to find the necessary information from the ISPs support resources.

A hidden network attempts to hide the network name that is broadcast by the WiFi Router - making casual network discovery more difficult. Ironically, for technical reasons beyond the scope of this post, this feature actually weakens security - and engenders a false sense of security. The network name can be easily discovered using readily available network tools.

Why does my home Wi-Fi network say Hidden on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.