Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

file preview stuck on loading icon | does not preview or quick from finder

Ever since I updated to the latest macOS (ventura 13.3 - 22E252), the preview and quick look feature for files in finder does not work. It keeps loading but never previews the file.

However, the preview app does work, so when I fully open the file, it opens up correctly with it's designated app but the quick look feature and preview in finder does not. This seems to affect files of all size types small to large

I've attached a screenshot for reference.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 11:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 11:20 AM

itzmaduks wrote:

Ever since I updated to the latest macOS (ventura 13.3 - 22E252), the preview and quick look feature for files in finder does not work. It keeps loading but never previews the file.

However, the preview app does work, so when I fully open the file, it opens up correctly with it's designated app but the quick look feature and preview in finder does not. This seems to affect files of all size types small to large

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/b1adc661-284a-4ff4-8029-0ba7fe111441

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.3.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

if no resolve—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2023 11:20 AM in response to itzmaduks

itzmaduks wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/b1adc661-284a-4ff4-8029-0ba7fe111441

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.3.1

if no resolve—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

file preview stuck on loading icon | does not preview or quick from finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.