Where are backups of Reminders kept on Time Machine?

I spent HOURS this year organising a very nerdy reminder list linked to Notes. It has been working great but now ALL my reminders have just disappeared, maybe due to a recent system version upgrade? So that's what Time Machine is for, right? But I can't find Reminders App on there or anything labelled Reminders or Reminders library. You can see the app prior to 2020 but if you click on it then it just tells you the version number. But for more recent backups I can't find anything at all. Does anyone know how to access Reminder backups on Time Machine? Please don't tell me they are on iCloud as I do not use it, I have no other devices and no use for synching, so Reminders App is just run locally on Mac mini M1 2020 computer running Ventura 13.3. I have tried Apple Support but that just wasted a lot of time searching through my backups with no result and no insight into what has happened to the actual reminders, which surely must be available somewhere? Help please!

Mac mini, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 7:38 AM

So, searching Time Machine doesn't produce anything. Even if I just select Reminders in Applications then on going back that just disappears after the most recent backup. HOWEVER, I have discovered that on the Mac HD itself, NOT Time Machine, there is a path /Users/username/Library/Reminders/ which produces 2 folders: Container_v1 and DataAccess. The former contains Stores and Stores-Backup amongst other things, whose Data files cover the dates I need! I can actually read the files on TextEdit and see that they do contain the relevant text. Does anybody know how I can get these files to open up in Reminders please? It's quite beyond me!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2023 7:38 AM in response to johric

So, searching Time Machine doesn't produce anything. Even if I just select Reminders in Applications then on going back that just disappears after the most recent backup. HOWEVER, I have discovered that on the Mac HD itself, NOT Time Machine, there is a path /Users/username/Library/Reminders/ which produces 2 folders: Container_v1 and DataAccess. The former contains Stores and Stores-Backup amongst other things, whose Data files cover the dates I need! I can actually read the files on TextEdit and see that they do contain the relevant text. Does anybody know how I can get these files to open up in Reminders please? It's quite beyond me!

Where are backups of Reminders kept on Time Machine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.