Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iPhone trouble

What can I do if I am trying to help a friend find their iPhone and it says it’s doesn’t have an iPhone connected with that Apple ID.Supposedly my friend says he power off his iPhone is that why it says not existent ?

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 7:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 8:04 PM

dayami176 Said:

"Lost iPhone trouble: What can I do if I am trying to help a friend find their iPhone and it says it’s doesn’t have an iPhone connected with that Apple ID.Supposedly my friend says he power off his iPhone is that why it says not existent ?"

-------

Non-Existing iPhone:

It is not shown in his device list, then because it has been removed from his account. So, have him secure his credentials, immediately --someone may have them.

Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)don't stare your login info, (B.) verify your devices, and (C)secure your account:

A. Verify your Devices:

Verify all devices that are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support. Anything that is not yours? If so, modify your credentials.

then...

B. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2023 8:04 PM in response to dayami176

dayami176 Said:

"Lost iPhone trouble: What can I do if I am trying to help a friend find their iPhone and it says it’s doesn’t have an iPhone connected with that Apple ID.Supposedly my friend says he power off his iPhone is that why it says not existent ?"

-------

Non-Existing iPhone:

It is not shown in his device list, then because it has been removed from his account. So, have him secure his credentials, immediately --someone may have them.

Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)don't stare your login info, (B.) verify your devices, and (C)secure your account:

A. Verify your Devices:

Verify all devices that are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support. Anything that is not yours? If so, modify your credentials.

then...

B. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

Apr 6, 2023 8:03 PM in response to dayami176

This document has a list of things to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen. --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Read this document for how to use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item --> Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

The chances of locating a device depend upon which features you selected in:

Set up Find My on your iPhone, Mac, and other devices - Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

If Find My iPhone is offline or not working click on the link to get help when you don't see your device listed, or you see an unexpected device or an alert that says your device is offline. --> If Find My is offline or not working - Apple Support

Note the time limit on last location reporting.

Lost iPhone trouble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.