Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading Instagram Videos

Hey apple fam,

I was wondering if using https://famium.co/instagram-downloader for downloading Instagram videos on your Macbook is safe? I previously used a couple of other websites but this one seemed quicker, if you have any other websites or tools you use to save videos from social media on your Mac, do share them and help your fellow apple user.

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2023 7:10 PM

OfcourseMrCartWright Said:

"Downloading Instagram Videos: Hey apple fam, I was wondering if using [...]for downloading Instagram videos on your Macbook is safe? I previously used a couple of other websites but this one seemed quicker, if you have any other websites or tools you use to save videos from social media on your Mac, do share them and help your fellow apple user."

-------

No. This is not safe. Do not use pirated software, as it may contain suspicious source code.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2023 7:10 PM in response to OfcourseMrCartWright

OfcourseMrCartWright Said:

"Downloading Instagram Videos: Hey apple fam, I was wondering if using [...]for downloading Instagram videos on your Macbook is safe? I previously used a couple of other websites but this one seemed quicker, if you have any other websites or tools you use to save videos from social media on your Mac, do share them and help your fellow apple user."

-------

No. This is not safe. Do not use pirated software, as it may contain suspicious source code.

Apr 6, 2023 8:12 PM in response to OfcourseMrCartWright

I would be careful using third party software that is downloaded from different websites to your Mac. If you don't trust the source the download is coming from. Now if you have used the software you are planning do download before and know and trust it than go for it. Also remember anything you download from the Apple store will be safe for your Apple device as it is reviewed by Apple. I know nothing about downloading Instagram videos. I just say use caution when deciding which software to download unless it is from Apple and you know it is safe.

Best of Luck to you.

Apr 7, 2023 12:48 AM in response to James Panza

Understood. I didn't download anything from the website above. It's a web-based website, and I didn't have to download anything. It was all in the browser, but I will always be cautious. I work for a big data company that analyzes posts done by brands on their Instagram, so my job also involves downloading content from Instagram or other social media websites.

Downloading Instagram Videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.