Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keypad - Trackpad disabling

I need to be able to type (constantly) using my magic keyboard WITHOUT triggering the trackpad in the center (happens alot!). Is there a way to disable at least the "click" part of the trackpad when I need to have it off?

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 12:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 10:57 AM

When the trackpad is enabled, then so is the “click” part of it. The trackpad cannot be isolated from the Magic Keyboard to function independently.

If you’d like to learn how to adjust the settings of your keyboard, including how to turn on or off Tap to Click and Two Finger Secondary Click, check this out 👉 Set up and use Magic Keyboard for iPad

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2023 10:57 AM in response to J6e6f6

When the trackpad is enabled, then so is the “click” part of it. The trackpad cannot be isolated from the Magic Keyboard to function independently.

If you’d like to learn how to adjust the settings of your keyboard, including how to turn on or off Tap to Click and Two Finger Secondary Click, check this out 👉 Set up and use Magic Keyboard for iPad

Axel F.

Magic Keypad - Trackpad disabling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.