Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with Icloud

Need assistance with backing up my icloud photos to an external hard drive

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 5:05 AM

So this is not such a tedious process but my assistance would be to grab your Mac or PC first and then follow these steps:-

Step 1. Using your Mac or PC, go to icloud.com.

Step 2. Enter your Apple ID and password to log into your iCloud account.

Step 3. After logging in, click on the "Photos" icon.

Step 4. In iCloud Photos, switch to the Photos tab > select the photos you want to transfer and click the download icon.

Step 5. In the next window, select the USB drive or external hard drive in the left pane and click the "Save" button on the bottom right.

If these steps are properly followed then it should work, if there are any more discrepancies don’t hesitate to ask again!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2023 5:05 AM in response to megan2586

So this is not such a tedious process but my assistance would be to grab your Mac or PC first and then follow these steps:-

Step 1. Using your Mac or PC, go to icloud.com.

Step 2. Enter your Apple ID and password to log into your iCloud account.

Step 3. After logging in, click on the "Photos" icon.

Step 4. In iCloud Photos, switch to the Photos tab > select the photos you want to transfer and click the download icon.

Step 5. In the next window, select the USB drive or external hard drive in the left pane and click the "Save" button on the bottom right.

If these steps are properly followed then it should work, if there are any more discrepancies don’t hesitate to ask again!

Help with Icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.