Keychain Importing

I would like to import my passwords from Dashlane to Keychain. Dashlane exports a csv file. How do I get Keychain to import it?

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Apr 7, 2023 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 4:02 AM

Import Passwords to iCloud Keychain

You can import a CSV file containing passwords directly to iCloud Keychain on your Mac. Here's what you need to do:

1. Open System Preferences on your Mac. 
  2. Click on Passwords, and authenticate using Touch ID or your password to gain access. 
  3. Click on the three dots at the bottom, and select Import Passwords.
  4. Select the CSV file you previously downloaded to your computer. This should add all your passwords to iCloud Keychain.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2023 4:02 AM in response to esseh

Import Passwords to iCloud Keychain

You can import a CSV file containing passwords directly to iCloud Keychain on your Mac. Here's what you need to do:

1. Open System Preferences on your Mac. 
  2. Click on Passwords, and authenticate using Touch ID or your password to gain access. 
  3. Click on the three dots at the bottom, and select Import Passwords.
  4. Select the CSV file you previously downloaded to your computer. This should add all your passwords to iCloud Keychain.

Dec 5, 2023 12:47 AM in response to esseh

Hi,

I am trying to import passwords from Roboform. Trying to import the .csv file, I get the error message "Passwords could not import passwords from the CSV file because it is missing column labels. If you exported this file from a password manager, export a different file using different settings and try the import again"

In the meantime, there is no settings tab in RoboForm, defining the CSV file format.

Any suggestions ???

Thanks

Keychain Importing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.